Sunday, May 1, 2016

Fashion Inspiration

I don't consider myself a fashionista.  As mentioned before Old Navy, TJMaxx and Target are generally where I get my clothes.  However, I like to look fashionable and comfortable.  

Usually I get my inspiration from Pinterest.  I might have a piece of clothing that I love or want to wear differently so I consult Pinterest.  I just type in "navy pants" or "navy pants outfit" and viola!  there are all kinds of ideas.  Then I pin them to my Fashion-Blue board.  I also have a Fashion-Graphic Tees board, a Fashion-Black and White board and so on.  I think you get the idea.  There is a board for everything.  Then when I'm getting ready I just consult my boards to figure out what I'm in the mood to wear.  That's basically it.  

Here are some examples of my favorite outfits that I've recreated:

Color combo:
"No. 28 - Things you can find in my closet" by hbhamburg on Polyvore:
denim button down olive pants animal print clutch:
Black Gingham and Olive Khakis - Alterations Needed:
yellow and chambray:
i love this entire outfit, although ive never been a fan of cheetah print. maybe if the loafers were gold and glittery? as well as a matching belt.:

Because I live in Texas and its hot 8 of the 12 months of the year. I rarely get to wear boots, scarves, cardigans or jackets.  You name all the cute accessories and they're out.  A lot of the outfits are modified, for example I'll switch out capris or pants for walking shorts.  I don't work in a traditional office and I'm outside a portion of my day walking to and from buildings.  Walking shorts are tailored enough that they look professional, but I won't be a puddle before I reach my destination.

Since the layering is generally out, I choose to add some cute shoes and earrings or a necklace.  I highly recommend the leather earrings from Nickel and Suede (mentioned in a previous post).  I also think a great pair of leopard flats or pumps are a must, they go with so much.  Seriously, you can wear them with any color and they're fun!  

If you have any questions about anything specific, let me know.  This post was pretty general and I can get more detailed, but thought this was a great starting point.

This is me on Pinterest.  You can find all of my fashion boards there.

No comments:

Post a Comment